Gary,

I know your time is limited. This is not a comment on you personally, I
know how much time you put in Apache Commons. But it is a comment on Apache
Commons in general and their strict release and release processes and
limited number of people who can do releases.

As I mentioned before some of my PR's sat open for 4 years.  That is right
4 years.  I am not constantly going to keep fixing merge conflicts in a PR
that stays open for 4 years. That is not fair to ask of any open source
contributor or community member.  If a PR is open for more than 1-2 months
in my opinion it's a sign that the open source project is not healthy.

PR opened december 2020: https://github.com/apache/commons-beanutils/pull/56

I finally closed it and gave up...so me putting time into closing more
BeanUtils issues that will never get merged doesn't make sense. It was
easier and faster for me to fork and release on Maven Central.

An open source project is not healthy when someone decides to fork it and
release it to Maven Central because it's easier than getting the core
library to do releases.  All just my two cents...not trolling...just
stating facts.

--